Monday, March 25, 2013

A promise in the hand

More from the sketch book today, this one from at least a few days after the first...

"...His agreement is eternal, final, sealed. He will constantly look after my safety and success." 2Samuel 23:5

The promises of God are like God, unfailing, never ending, infallible. Or to put it as we see here, they are sealed. This sends feelings of elation throughout my self... the thought that all the things that God has in store for me, all His plans for my life, as well as His promise of my salvation, as well as those same things He holds for so many of the people I love, that all of these things are sealed in His hands, that thought is amazing. It puts me at peace in the light of my current circumstances and a midst current events to know that all of my stress, anxiety, and worry are unnecessary, the outcome is in God's hands, and is sealed.
Why is God so good to me? How is He able to love not only me, but also all of those who seek to dishonor Him? God loves them all, yet I have problems loving anyone. It makes me feel  a little like Judas (not in the betrayal of Christ really) in that Judas never could grasp how Christ could love him. Even after what Judas did, after he sold Christ to the Roman's, Jesus loved Judas. I think it was this irreconcilable fact that drove Judas to his own death. I wonder how much it saddened Jesus when He learned of Judas' suicide... Though I may not have ever sold Christ to the Roman's or kissed Him in betrayal, I have spit on His cross and shunned His love. But the beauty of God's love, and it's very nature, is that it is a promise and a guarantee... it is sealed
God, help me to let go of the things that are sealed in Your hands,and help me to understand how You love us so unconditionally... put my mind at ease.

--- We are promised in scripture that once something  is sealed into God's hands, He never lets go... it is the assurance of our day-to-day life to know that the agreements that God has made with man are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment