Sunday, March 24, 2013

3 Truths

Doing some cleaning this past week, I came across an old sketch book, had some artwork in it... some ok, most of it not. It also had in it some things I had written down, scriptures, prayers, other thoughts, from the week that my mom was diagnosed and had her first surgery. I thought I might go ahead and get some of them transferred over into a better format, add some commentary, and just take some time remembering the great comfort that was provided in those first days of figuring out what was going to happen... as blissful ignorance turned to painful fear, turned to a deepening of my understanding of who God truly is.

I don't have a date for this one, but its the first page, and if I remember right, this was the morning before her first surgery:

"Do what is good and run from evil- that you may live! Then, the Lord God Almighty will truly be your helper, just as you have claimed He is." Amos 5:14

"Enjoy what you have instead of desiring what you don't have. Dreaming about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the wind." Ecclesiastes 6:9

"I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in the earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

---Looking back at this day, preparing my mind for what ended up being the first of 90 days in the hospital and the first on numerous surgeries, the first thing that comes to mind is, how GREAT is our God? I didn't know what He was preparing me for, but I can see now how He was working to bring my mind right, and to get my focus back to the important things. These three verses in combo remind me who I am in Christ, focus me into my blessings, and remind me how to go about living life... I no longer live, but Christ lives in me... enjoy what I have instead of focusing on what I don't... run from evil and to God for help...

This is where my life began to change once again, and when I started to dive much deeper into the love of Christ in my life... I look forward to the next few postings, there were only a handful of days I wrote anything down at this point, and thumbing through it, God did some strong, foundational work... I look forward to looking through it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment