Sunday, February 5, 2012

Prayer request

Been dealing with a lot of internal conflict lately... Feeling inadequate as a man, husband, father, Christian... Etc

Constant feelings of conviction on my heart that something was off kilter, last Sunday morning while seeking God's help I was reminded to get in His word. After spending a week reading in Job, I was still unsure exactly where the feelings have been coming from. After this morning, I have a clearer understanding that I need to make sure and have my focus shifted onto God. I need to stop focusing on attempting to achieve some kind of perfection. I need to focus on adjusting my thoughts to reflect a pattern of obedience and desire to grow in my faith and belief in Christ...

While holding and comforting my daughter this evening, I was reminded of something talked about in our men's class this morning... I want my kids to have a father who is not merely perfect, but that they can point to and say that their dad lived a life that strived to be obedient to the word of God...

So my request tonight is for the courage, strength, and belief to be the man my family needs me to be. They deserve it... And I want to be that man

No comments:

Post a Comment