Sunday, January 1, 2012

New year, new opportunity

So, as I wave goodbye to what was far and away the most difficult year of my life, I look to this new year and am expectant that it too will be full of difficult times. Truth is, every year is difficult. Sometimes difficulties arise because of what we determine are good times, sometimes because of what we deem as bad times. I have spent the past 6 months stuck on and dwelling in a "bad" place. I often lose sight of the fact that my mother's passing was not a bad thing. It is true that I wish she were still here with me, and it is also true that I wish that her healing would have taken place on this earth. Ultimately though, God chose to take her home and complete her ultimate healing with her fully in His presence... How can that be a bad thing?

I say this to say that this year, just like every year will be filled with trials and temptations. That is all we can be sure of, and it is our attitude and response in those situations that determine their worth to us. I rarely make new years resolutions... But this upcoming year I hope to be better in the midst of all things at looking to God. I want to do a better job at making God my priority and allowing everything else fall where they should, according to His will. To this end, I plan to take advice from those smarter than I. I plan to, intentionally, seek God everyday. It is now in my daily schedule to spend time with God...

By intentionally and actively seeking God, this year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment