Sunday, March 27, 2011

Late night in the ICU- 3/27/11

I think I might have a problem with humility... ok, I know I do, but still, do I have to admit it so readily?

This issue seems to crop up most readily while I am working. I made a comment to a fellow nurse about be "like a doctor". Thats not the ego-maniac side of it, its the fact that when told that I put my pants on like everyone else, I replied... "Nope, my pants are place onto me by songbirds"

Its an obvious joke and shameless Cinderella plug, but even still... I often treat others as though I believe that I am really that special. I'm working on it, but it will take some time. I spent most of my early life with people telling me how special I am, then the middle part being told how much of a screw-up I am... so now I suppose I am over-compensating.

I hope to update while working from time to time... things often get crazy or funny when its late in the ICU

No comments:

Post a Comment