Saturday, July 28, 2012

Thoughts while driving home...

Its a good thing i live close to the hospital, if I had a longer drive home after work, who knows where my mind would wander... Praying on my way home this morning, and I got stuck on the sovereignty of God. I don't like to give over control of anything, and I don't like the idea that God doesn't have to answer to me... I like to believe I am of such great importance (as evidenced by the, roughly, 4 people who read my blog) that God should revolve around me. He should choose His actions based on what I have done, or how they will affect me.
But, He doesn't... God exists in His own glory, and acts in ways to increase that glory. He works to extend the reach of His glory by extending His kingdom. He extends His kingdom by calling more people to Himself that we might be accepting of the gift of salvation. He allows this gift of salvation by making Him who knew no sin, to become sin so that through Him we might become the righteousness of God. He achieves this through the birth, life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. Christ, as a member of the trinitarian God, chose to humble himself, and take on the flesh of His creation, to live a sinless life, so that He alone could be found righteous as judged by the law of God, as is found in the Old Testament... But then, through an act of immense love, chose to gift that righteousness to US in exchange for our eternal condemnation... This allowing a sinner like me to be called righteous, a friend of God. And as such, I am to give myself over to accepting that same sovereignty that I struggle to enjoy. Because, Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe...

No comments:

Post a Comment