Friday, July 13, 2012

An open invitation

I'm probably going to get Dengue Fever... Ok, so probably not, but there was totally just a mosquito on my hand, and it's been pretty much a sub-tropical climate out there lately... Not to mention, we've had a case of it recently. But that really has nothing to do with this morning's post, this morning, I want to ask, why do you not like Jesus? Even more pointedly, why do you hate him?
I think most people would say that they don't hate Jesus, they may even say they like him just fine... Then why not learn more about him? Why not dig into seeing if you want to follow him? I think there are plenty of people who are afraid of stepping into a church because they think we are going to bombard you and try to force you into deciding right away, or that if you don't decide, then we will shun you... That shouldn't be true.

There are those churches... too many of them I'm sure, that are still I'm the turn or burn business. Bit the church should be a place where ALL are welcome to come and learn about who Christ is, what He has done, and what He is doing. A churches job is to share the truth of the gospel, it is up to those who attend to decide what to do with it. The church is there to answer questions and help guide one's understanding of scripture so that you can reach a well-informed, properly educated decision on who Christ is in your life. The church's hope is that through the proper guidance and understanding of the Bible that those who congregate would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but it is not a choice we can make for you, or a choice we should thrust upon you forcefully.

I hope that this Sunday, you might make a choice to visit a local church, I pray that the one you visit has its priorities in proper alignment to serve. I hope you enter with a heart and mind that is truly open... I also hope you don't expect to learn it all in one visit. If you need a suggestion for a church that meets that criteria, I recommend First Baptist Church in Nixa, we're right behind Braum's and we'd love to know how we can better serve the communities we impact. We'd love to introduce you to a God that requires nothing more than for all to come, as they are, and recognize His love for them. We'd love to deepen your knowledge and understanding of who Jesus is.
I hope to see you Sunday morning, but if I don't, I hope you pop in another church... If you don't, I'll still be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment